1. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation from the others?
2. Try to do one thing at ________ time, and do it well.
3. Several strong men broke ________ Mr. Smith's house when he went to sleep last night.
4. The staff had better relax ________ after the opening ceremony.
5. We questioned two people, but ________ of them was the missing person.
6. We can get much ________ from all over the world on the Internet every day.
7. My neighbour Granny Wang had a lovely granddaughter in her ________.
8. This is________ painting I have ever seen in the exhibition.
B. more precious
C. most precious
D. the most precious
9. Tracy saw there________ a necklace and a pair of earrings in the gift box.
D. will be
10. ________ great fun it is to do a project with my group members!
C. What a
D. What an
11. — ________ will the city in lockdown reopen?
— In two weeks.
A. How soon
B. How long
C. How fast
D. How often
12. The rubbish ________ from the grass, and then the campsite was clean again.
B. is removed
C. was removed
D. be removed
13. Since you've made a decision ________ abroad, you have to depend on yourself.
B. to study
14. I can recognize the singer because I remember________ him somewhere.
C. to interview
15. To our surprise, the robot ________ communicate with us in five languages.
16. Linda, ________ the weather forecast before you go on a trip.
D. to check
17. There's a long distance from home to Century Park, ________ you'd better set off right now.
18. You'll lose marks in the exam ________ you check the paper very carefully.
19. — Ellen, I could contact the customers for you if you want.
A. OK, I'll take your advice
B. You are welcome
C. Thank you, but I can manage
D. That sounds interesting
20. —Sorry, Jimmy. I've broken your vase.
I'm afraid you can't.
B. Have another try.
C. How could you do that?
D. Of course not.