Questionnaire on International Students’ Study Experiences and Perceptions in China

Dear International Students,
Greetings! This questionnaire is designed to comprehensively understand international students’ perceptions of the quality of higher education in China, and identify the strengths and areas for improvement of China’s higher education in international talent cultivation. All responses are anonymous. All collected data will be used solely for academic research, and your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. The questionnaire does not ask for your name or student ID. Some background information will be collected only for research analysis. Your responses will remain anonymous and confidential. Completing this questionnaire will take approximately 3-5 minutes. Please answer truthfully based on your real study experience and feelings. Your feedback will provide vital references for the international development of China’s higher education. Thank you sincerely for your support and cooperation!

亲爱的来华留学生:
您好!本次问卷旨在全面了解留学生对中国高等教育质量的真实看法,梳理我国高校国际化人才培养工作的优势与待改进之处。本次问卷全程匿名,所有收集数据仅用于学术研究,您的个人信息将严格保密。问卷不会收集姓名、学号等隐私信息,少量基础背景资料仅作研究分析使用,您的作答全程无身份关联、信息不外泄。填写问卷预计耗时3–5分钟,请结合自身真实学习经历与切身感受如实作答。您的反馈将为中国高等教育国际化发展提供重要参考,衷心感谢您的支持与配合!
Part I: Basic Information
第一部分:基础信息
1. Your nationality is
您的国籍是
2. Your university in China is
您就读的中国院校是
3. Your discipline / field of study is
您所学专业/学科领域是
4. Language of instruction of your major is
你所学专业的授课语言是
5. Your current study stage is
目前就读阶段是
6. How long have you been studying in China
来华学习时长
7. Your HSK level is
您的汉语水平考试(HSK)等级是
8. Main reasons for choosing to study in China Scale explanation: 1 = Strongly Disagree, 2 = Disagree, 3 = Neutral, 4 = Agree, 5 = Strongly Agree
选择来华留学的主要原因计分说明:1=非常不同意,2=不同意,3=中立,4=同意,5=非常同意
  • Strongly Disagree【非常不同意】
  • Disagree【不同意】
  • Neutral【中立】
  • Agree【同意】
  • Strongly Agree【非常同意】
Chinese higher education has a good international reputation. 【中国高等教育拥有良好的国际声誉。】
Tuition and living costs for studying in China are relatively affordable. 【来华留学的学费与生活成本相对亲民。】
I have a strong interest in Chinese culture (including the Chinese language). 【我对中国文化(汉语)抱有浓厚兴趣。】
China offers promising employment opportunities and development prospects. 【中国拥有良好的就业机遇与发展前景。】
Availability of scholarships from Chinese government and universities was an important reason. 【可以获得来自中国政府或大学的奖学金。】
China’s economic and technological development attracted me to study here. 【中国经济与科技发展态势吸引我前来求学。】
Recommendations from family, friends, teachers, or agents. 【家人、朋友、老师或留学中介的推荐。】
Part II: Core Perception Survey
第二部分:核心认知调研
9. Perceptions of Curriculum & Teaching Quality
课程设置与教学质量认知
  • Strongly Disagree【非常不同意】
  • Disagree【不同意】
  • Neutral【中立】
  • Agree【同意】
  • Strongly Agree【非常同意】
The curriculum of my programme is well-structured. 【我所学专业的课程体系设置合理完善。】
Course content incorporates new research findings and trends within the field. 【课程内容融入了本学科新研究成果与行业发展趋势】
Assessment methods (exams, coursework reports, etc.) are reasonable and reflect teaching outcomes. 【考核方式(考试、课程论文等)合理,能够反映教学效果。】
My instructors possess high-level academic expertise and scholarly competence. 【授课教师具备扎实深厚的专业学术能力。】
Instructors employ a variety of instructional approaches with clear explanations and interactive classroom sessions. 【教师教学方式多元,讲解清晰,课堂互动性强。】
The teaching language (Chinese / English / bilingual) is well-suited to me. 【当前授课语言(中文/英文/双语)很适合我。】
The curriculum provides a good balance between theoretical knowledge and practical application. 【课程兼顾理论知识学习与实践应用。】
Would you find it acceptable if the course is delivered entirely in Chinese? 如果课程完全用汉语进行教学,你觉得可以接受吗
10. Perceptions of Learning Resources
学习资源配套认知
  • Strongly Disagree【非常不同意】
  • Disagree【不同意】
  • Neutral【中立】
  • Agree【同意】
  • Strongly Agree【非常同意】
The university library provides abundant printed books, electronic literature (e.g., electronic books, journal articles, and databases) and foreign language resources. 【学校图书馆纸质藏书、电子文献(电子书、期刊、数据库等)及外文资源储备充足。】
Professional laboratories and practice bases are well-equipped and meet research and learning requirements. 【专业实验室、实践基地设备完善,能够满足科研与学习需求。】
The university provides high-quality academic support, including thesis supervision and high-level academic lectures. 【学校提供比较完善的学术支持服务,包括配备导师、提供国际化学术讲座等。】
The university’s online learning platforms and campus network are stable, with abundant digital learning resources. 【校内线上学习平台、校园网络运行稳定,数字化学习资源丰富。】
Campus facilities for daily life and sports meet my needs. 【校园生活和体育运动设施能够满足我的日常需求。】
11. Perceptions of Learning Outcomes
学习收获认知
  • Strongly Disagree【非常不同意】
  • Disagree【不同意】
  • Neutral【中立】
  • Agree【同意】
  • Strongly Agree【非常同意】
My professional knowledge and academic competencies have improved significantly through my studies in China. 【来华学习后,我的专业知识与学术能力得到显著提升。】
My cross-cultural communication skills have been enhanced, broadening my global vision. 【我的跨文化沟通能力有所增强,国际视野得到拓宽。】
The actual quality of education at my university meets my pre-arrival expectations. 【本校实际教育质量符合我来华前的预期。】
I believe that degree obtained in China can improve my competitiveness in the job market in my home country. 【我认为在中国获得学历能提升我在本国就业市场的竞争力。】
I believe that degree obtained in China can improve my competitiveness in China’s job market. 【我认为在中国获得学历能提升我在中国就业市场的竞争力。】
I believe that degree obtained in China can improves my competitiveness in international job markets. 【我认为在中国获得学历能提升我在国际就业市场的竞争力。】
My self-directed learning and complex problem-solving abilities have comprehensively improved during my studies in China. 【来华学习期间,我的自主学习能力与复杂问题解决能力得到全面提升。】
12. International Student Services & Overall Perceptions
留学生服务与整体评价认知
  • Strongly Disagree【非常不同意】
  • Disagree【不同意】
  • Neutral【中立】
  • Agree【同意】
  • Strongly Agree【非常同意】
The university’s international student office delivers efficient, friendly administrative services. 【学校国际学生办公室办事高效、服务态度友好。】
The university provides comprehensive living support for international students (accommodation, catering, medical care). 【学校为留学生提供完善的生活配套支持(住宿、餐饮、医疗等)。】
Cross-cultural activities organized by the university (Sino-foreign exchange, cultural experience events) are diverse and well-attended. 【学校举办的中外交流、文化体验等跨文化活动类型丰富、参与度高。】
Based on my own study experience, I have a positive perception of the quality of higher education in China. 【结合自身学习经历,我对中国高等教育质量整体持正面评价。】
I am satisfied with the educational quality of my current university. 【我对本校的教育质量感到满意。】
I would strongly recommend studying in China to my classmates and friends back home. 【我愿意向本国同学、朋友推荐来华留学。】
Part III: Open-ended Feedback & Suggestions

第三部分:开放式意见与建议
13. Based on your experience, what are the main strengths of studying at a Chinese university?
结合自身经历,您认为在中国高校留学的主要优势有哪些?
14. What aspects of your study experience in China need improvement? Please give examples if possible.
您认为来华学习体验中哪些方面有待改进?如有相关实例可一并说明。
15. What specific suggestions would you give to your university for improving international student education?
针对本校留学生教育工作,您有哪些具体改进建议?
16. Any other opinions or suggestions regarding the quality of higher education in China. 
关于中国高等教育质量,您还有其他想法或意见吗?
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to complete this questionnaire! Wish you a smooth study and pleasant life in China!

非常感谢您抽出宝贵时间完成本次问卷!祝您学业顺利、在华生活愉快!
更多问卷 复制此问卷